I have decided to go ahead and run the Marathon this Sunday. Here are a few of the reasons why I have decided to run this Marathon with very little training.
- I have already paid for it, so I may as well run it and get the shirt.
- The course is not overwhelming to me. I am confident that with the one mile FLAT loop, and seeing my family every mile, it will help me finish.
- When I ran my 2ND marathon I didn't train well. I only ran twice a week, because I was lazy, and only ran 17 before, and then did not run for a month before the race, due to an injury.
- My sister Maria ran a marathon with only a 16 mile base and she finished.
- I loved Mark Berry's words at the end of his comment..... "When time comes, bottom line is do what you want - in running, it should never be about what I "ought to", "need to" or "have to" do (there's enough of that in the rest of life!)"
- Marci ran this marathon last year and this was her comment..... "Go for it! I wish I could run it, but I don't think its in the cards this year. Its not as dull as you might think, plus there is water every mile, so lots of support, and the food after was good!"
- My next marathon is "Kentucky Derby Marathon" and that isn't until the end of April. So I think I have time to recover and then continue my training for that race.
I am super excited about this race. I know I am not as ready as I should/could be, but it will be nice to remind myself how much I love this distance.