Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time to fix it.....

Hello, my name is Janice and it's been 3 1/2 months since my last post.

Funny how my last post was on August 10th and I was posting about being a blog slacker. I have kind of fallen apart since my last post... physically, mentally, Spiritually and emotionally. I am working on getting this all back to normal. I focused on the Spiritual side and the mental side first. The emotional part is kind of being fixed just by fixing the other stuff. Time to fix the physical part. I am embarrassed to admit I have gain a lot of weight since July. I have not been watching my calories, and I have not been running or exercising like I use to. Time to fix that and get it together. Not the best time of year to get focused on LOSING weight, but I have to. I want to run a marathon on March 12th and training started like... last week.... eek. I was able to squeak out 7 miles this morning. It was slow compared to where I was 6 months ago. Time will fix that too. I have also been checking out the marathon calender for 2011 and I am thinking about running 3 marathons in April.

March 12th Land between the Lakes marathon, Grand Rivers, Ky
April 3rd Knoxville, TN
April 16th Salt Lake City
April 30th Kentucky Derby

I am also looking at a few in May and June. I figure... "train" for one marathon and then squeeze a few in and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Or maybe I am just a little crazy with a few screws loose. ;)
Since my last post, we have moved. The hubby got a new job at a bigger hospital. We are still in Ky, but moved 4 hours west. So far so good. I am hanging in there and trying to not think about myself... except when it comes to running. I think I may have convinced the hubby to train and run his first half marathon.... He is a busy guy so "time" will tell.

Which races are you planning on running in 2011?

12 comments:

Carly said...

Welcome back!!! I hope life settles down but it sounds like you have a good plan. Wow....3 marathons in one month??? You are a rock star!

Mindy said...

Ugh... I understand the falling apart stuff. I do.

Anyway... I'm doing Wasatch Back and possible the Vegas Ragnar Relay too. Your marathons sound awesome!

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Not sure what I am running maybe the SLC marathon we will see. Love you glad your back to running and blogging.

Kristi said...

your amazing. you rock. we love you!

wish i could run.

:)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I am torn... I want to do Boston but I would also like to scale back and do a BUNCH of Halaf Marathons, one with my hubby, his first.. time will tell..

Stacey said...

I'm sooo glad you are back!!! I've missed you!
I may do SLC.. I don't love it, but it is close and I have a place to stay.. I signed up for surf city and big sur so far..(:
We will see how the knee holds out.. I did mesquite yesterday and it was brutal.. Have a great weekend!

Marlene said...

Welcome back and good luck whipping yourself back into shape. You can do it!!

RunToTheFinish said...

i was hoping with your MIA email that you might be back with a post or two :) miss you!

Adrienne said...

I fall apart every other week so glad I'm not the only one. Hope you are okay. Moving is very stressful to add on top of it. You are a strong person to pull yourself up. Keep at it.
Adrienne

Coy Martinez said...

Hey there! I've missed your blogs! Still in NYC, gonna write when I get back. I dont really wanna double up this year and do races that I've done before, thinking about Nashville in April. Country Music Marathon. ???

kristen said...

Don't feel bad. I'm right there with you. I don't think I've posted since August. I've been dealing with lots of the same issues. My last marathon I had to drop out at mile 21 for an injury and it's really making me work through some emotional stuff that I've needed to deal with. Your not alone. I promise.

and yes, your totally crazy with all those marathons!! Miss you! xoxo

Pining for Pinterest said...

Moving always throws things off!!! Glad to hear that you are back :)