Monday, December 15, 2008

Dentist vs Running


I hate hate hate going to the dentist. Every six month when the hubby reminds us we are due for cleanings, I pray, cross my fingers, and just plain beg that I wont have any cavities. I have said for some time now, "I would rather visit with the Gynecologist." I think I mean it too.

I had to go today to get two little cavities filled. My cute, precious 3 year old has two as well and they fixed the smaller one today and next week they will dig in and attack the big one. This was our first visit with this dentist and Holy crap, I knew it was expensive to get your teeth fixed, but this guy is outrageous, even after insurance.

So today this is what I have to say.....

I would rather run 26.2 miles, untrained, no Gu, No ipod, & No GPS, then go to the dentist....... (shiver, shiver)
*I will admit, it wasn't as bad as usual today......

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I hate the dentist too!
At least at the end of 26.2 miles you get a medal, and you can still feel your mouth..

Mindy said...

I've said the same thing! I'd rather go to a gynecologist than the dentist! Ugh!

Anonymous said...

The dentist is not my favorite. I hate all the noises. And, why do they bother to talk.

Marlene said...

I think I would rather run 26.2 miles with NO BODY GLIDE than go to the dentist, and that says a lot. *shudder*

CA said...

I have to admit: I laughed, then cringed, then laughed again at this post.

I hate the dentist, but I don't know if I could run 26 feet without my I-Pod, let alone 26 miles!

Hope you're feeling better today!