Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Biggest Loser


The Biggest Loser started again last night. Did any of you watch? It never disappoints me. (except Vicki from last season) This show is so inspiring to me. I struggle with keeping my weight at a normal number. I love to eat, I love my sugar and my Carbs. I have to really focus and think about being good every single day. When my miles are up, I want to eat more. UGH... never ends. Anyways, last nights episode got me all emotional. I was so sad for these people, who had lost hope and just let them selves get so UN-healthy. This season, the contestants are bigger then they ever have been. Some are younger (18) and some are older (63) In fact Jerry, the oldest person to have been on the show, really tugged at my heart strings last night. He is such a cute old man, and you can tell he loves his wife and family so much. After his first workout, which happened to be WITHOUT Bob and Jillian, his blood pressure got so low, that he passed out. Just watching him and his wife, Estella, made me cry. I turned to my hubby and said "Why in the heck am I crying about this?" I have never cried during any other episode, but the entire episode got to me. I really hope they all learn what they need to, not just about being healthy but about who they are and the things about them they need to change to be a success when they leave the ranch. If you have never watched this show, this is the season to start. I am certain it is going to be a great one.


I have decided with my feet acting up, I would take it a little easier on the running for two weeks or so and do more cross training. I don't feel I trained enough, or that my feet are ready for a marathon, so my Feb 15Th marathon is out. I am bummed, cause I am itching to run. I am looking for a March marathon. Any ideas? I am also planning on Country Music Marathon in April.

17 comments:

Denise said...

I used to love the biggest loser but the 2 hour episodes really ruined it for me. Just too much tv! Are they still this long this season?

I'm itching to run, too but hesitant to sign up for a spring marathon. Not sure what my problem is...

Anne said...

I don't even remember where you're living now (I'm horrible!!) so these would only work if you're willing to travel, but I believe the National marathon (you have to qualify...but considering you ran freaking Boston that would be no sweat) and Virginia Beach Shamrock marathons take place in March. You should check em out.

Mindy said...

Are you pregnant?? ;) (Just trying to find a cause for your extra emotions!)

Baldwincrew-blog said...

It was a great episode and I'm excited for this season. It's going to be great.

Nikemom said...

Olathe, KS March 28. See ya there??? :D

Janice {Run Far} said...

Mindy..... How dare you... tee hee.... NO I am not freaking prego...... UGH

Felice Devine said...

So bummed! I had every intention of watching BL this time but forgot about it! Ugh. I am going to DVR the rest of the season right now!

Sorry about the feet!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

thx for stopping by my blog! i cried too.... and i'm not preggo either :o) Sorry to hear about the feet... hope the rest helps!

Stacey said...

I love The Biggest Loser!! Last night's episode was great..I ALWAYS cry.
I am sorry about your marathon. That is a total bummer! Cross training is a good idea! But having another marathon in the works makes not doing this one a little better, I guess...Good luck!

RunToTheFinish said...

Seriously I love this show, it just makes me want to go workout super hard and I love seeing these people transform their lives. This season even more because it really does seem like life or death for them!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I love Biggest Loser. It is my favorite show. I too did not like Vicki or Heba from the last show. I almost quit watching because of them. I already like all the contestants from this season so much better. My heart goes out to all of them. I felt bad that half of them had to go home, I hope that they can all stick to it and make it. That episode got to me also. Watching it makes me want to try harder and be better. Good luck on your feet. Sorry you have to miss your marathon in Feb. Have a Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

I love the Biggest Loser, and this season looks like it will be the most powerful one yet. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Amberly said...

oh my i got all emotional too last night! i don't know what it was! it was seriously so sad to watch all those FAT people! ok and yes, jerry was so cute. i'm sad his wife had to leave. i liked her too. but ok i had to leave the room when he was all collapsing and his wife was talking about how she thought he was going to die and stuff. SO SAD! oh how much i love that show. and oh how much i love you too!

RunnerMom said...

I'm going to have to tune in to the show now. I cry all the time on tv. Last night's Grey's Anatomy got to me (a little boy was dying).

I hope you get everything sorted out with your foot pain! The Tom King Half Marathon is in Nashville March 14, but I think you are looking for 26.2 rather than 13.1.

Oz Runner said...

Love the Biggest Loser...I didn't cry (I am a guy after all), but certainly in shock after watching the grandfather almost die on the show...wow..should be a great season! There is marathon in Oklahoma City in April...

Chic Runner said...

I love the BL too! Gosh the passing out was too much. Glad you're in on it.

Lisa said...

I am a huge fan of the show. I cried too. Like you, I really didn't like Vickie last season. I was disappointed that so many people had to go home the other night. To get that big, those people do not have what it takes to do it at home. I think I will like everyone too.