Friday, January 30, 2009

Foto Friday.... and Thank goodness the week is over.

It's Foto Friday again over at NikeMom's blog. I decided to post this picture I took the other day while I was out shoveling the drive way. This is my neighbors tree. I love that it looks like each berry is encased with glass.

This week has sucked, and I am super happy it is about over. The weather in Kentucky has been horrible, with snow and Ice storms. The schools have been closed all week. Yes, you heard me right. ALL FREAKING WEEK. I am going crazy. So each run has been on the treadmill at the Y. I am just happy I was able to get there and get some running in. My next dilemma is about my long run (13 miles) for tomorrow. The roads are covered in snow and ice, and I am not sure I will be able to run out on them. The roads I run are already a bit iffy, with no shoulder. Now with ice and snow covering them I am not sure it will be safe. The temps are at a great number, in the 30's. I might have to get created and run loops around the golf course and neighborhood I live by. We shall see. Have a great Weekend....


RUN FAR!

15 comments:

Bethany said...

Very cool foto! Good luck and be careful getting in your 13 miles. I think a golf course is a great idea!!!

Mindy said...

Loops around a golf course is WAY better than a treadmill! Sorry about the icy roads. I love that picture!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that's an amazing foto! Good luck on the 13... :)

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I love this blog. You are so amazing!

Oz Runner said...

cool pic...sucks that weather won't cooperate for your long run tomorrow...maybe it will warm up for you a bit...

Anonymous said...

That really is an awesome picture! only a few more hours of work.

Stacey said...

I love your picture! Bummer about the ice and snow. This has been a crazy winter! Good luck with your long run, and have a great weekend!

Denise said...

Beautiful pic. I saw the terrible weather in KY on the news this morning. Looks miserable. Stay warm!

Kim said...

Very pretty! Glad you've been able to get to the Y. At least you could relieve some stress there.

Be careful if you run in the streets tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Diana said...

Cool pic! They do look like inside glass. Good luck with the run....have you tried the screws in the shoes????? I love it, still have to be a little careful, but it's better than the dreadmill!

Marci said...

I love that picture! I have been running almost entirely on indoor tracks and TM too!! Have a great weekend Janice!

Cheetah Girl said...

That pic looks like it could be on a calendar! Sucks that its cramping on your runs though. Hope the weather gets better!

Kelli said...

I love that tree pic, what kind of berries are they. Beautiful. Good luck on the run.

Nikemom said...

neat pic! have a great weekend! :D

Anonymous said...

I like your pics. My wife does nice pics like those. I enjoy them