Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grateful post

I have been posting on my family blog daily about different things I am grateful for. So when Kristen reminded me in a comment on my last post about finding things to be grateful for and that should help pull me from my funk.... I decided I had better share with you some of the things I am most grateful for. BTW- sorry about the last post being so down... ugh. And as Tall Mom says... these are things in my life that fill my Pie.

I am of course most grateful for my husband and my two gorgeous little girls. They make me feel complete and whole.

I am also very grateful for my parents who raised me to know right from wrong. I have 8 living siblings and they are all wonderful people who love me. My twin sister is of course my other half.... for real. I know most people use this term for their spouse... not me. Frances is my other half and I love and miss her daily.

I am grateful for my girlfriends who picked me to be their friend, and don't give up on me when times get crazy. I miss my Utah girls so much, it hurts everyday. They are such amazing women.I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have not always been the most faithful member, but I know the church is true and it helps me to be a better wife/mother/women and friend.

I am grateful for diet coke, flip flops and chocolate.


I am EXTREMELY grateful for a healthy body that allows me to run the miles I endure weekly. I am grateful it has carried me through thousands of miles in training and races. I am so grateful to have the strength to run 26.2 miles and to work out as much as I do.
I am grateful for the ability to breath on my own, walk, RUN, bend, play with my children, hear, see and feel.

I am grateful to have been born in this Country. I am very proud to be an American.

11 comments:

ihaverun said...

Your pie looks a lot like mine. Thanks for the reminder!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Amen sister!!! Now where is the picture of you greatful for the pink coat? Does it fit??

My best friend Charity is a member of the church.

Rookie on the Run said...

Woo-hoo!! Everyone goes through funks but it sure is nice to know that you are feeling better. What a lot of blessings you have in your life! Thanks for the reminder to count my own. :)

RunnerMom said...

You are very blessed!

I'm glad you are feeling better. We are grateful for many of the same things. (I always wanted a twin! So jealous.)

Diana said...

It is a blessing when I awake each morning to face another day. Some times it's a great day, sometimes it's a bad day, either way I am happy to be blessed with having to face it!
Nice list you came up with and I agree, except the having strength to run 26.2 miles-that is yet to come! And it will.

Felice Devine said...

What a great post! It made me feel so happy. You have lots to be grateful for and that's terrific!

kristen said...

I love this post. Love! I totally understand how easy it is to get down when you feel so isolated and far away from your freinds and family. I lived in Virginia for a couple of years and I felt like a fish out of water - espicially when my hubby was away at work. One year I even had to spend thanksgiving alone. I almost hated to talk to anybody back home because I didn't want to be reminded of how much I missed it.

Keep your head up girl. Yove got alot of blessing in your life (as you already know). I hope your feeling a little better. You can vent here anytime!

Denise said...

Nice post!! There really is so much to be thankful for...we should all take time to think about this.

Lara said...

Great post...I'm lds too. Nice reminder about being grateful.

RunToTheFinish said...

wohooo love gratitude posts! i think it's so wonderful to remember the great things..it helps during the funk

Unknown said...

Amen sista!