Saturday, April 11, 2009

"For the love"

This is something I say all the time around my house. When my kids are driving my crazy and not listening..... "FOR THE LOVE". I am not sure where I got it from, but I say it and it's funny because now the 3 yr old is picking up on it. She doesn't just say the words, she has the right tone as well. LOL-

Well, today while I was running my 12 miles, I kept thinking "FOR THE LOVE" and a couple times it was "FOR THE FREAKING LOVE". Why? Oh only because I felt really heavy and I felt like I was running so slow. My pace was pretty close to normal each time I looked at the GPS, but I felt slow. I felt heavy and slow. "FOR THE LOVE"

How is it that one week you can run 20 miles and feel AWESOME. (last weeks run was 20) and then the very next week you only go 12 and you feel like you ate a load of bricks and now you are dragging your butt on the ground. UGH....

Two weeks from today is the marathon. I am super excited. I am a little anxious because my hubby is always there at the finish line when I run a race. He drops me off at the bus pick up and then he is always there to see me finish and then he drives me back to the hotel. Well, turns out there is a golf tournament that he really wants to play in. I figure this isn't my first or second marathon, in fact it will be my 8Th, so I told him that if he can get a sitter for the kids that morning while he golfs, that I wouldn't mind if he skipped this race. I really don't care. I am just wondering how it works at the finish line when you don't have someone you know there waiting to cheer you on. I am also wondering how I am going to get from the finish line back to my hotel. I might have to get a room close enough to the finish so that I can just walk back. We shall see.

* Update on my brother. He got the results back yesterday. It was not Cancer. YAY! We really didn't think it was, but we were still worried. Turns out it didn't even have anything to do with his Over active lymph nodes either. It was an infection in his Salivary Gland that had gotten really bad. Thanks to all who sent up a little pray on his behalf.

21 comments:

Stacey said...

I always feel heavy and slow that time of the month, I hate it! I am so excited for you..#8! I ran Top of Utah with no one at the finish line...it was hard for me at mile 22 knowing Erick wouldn't be there, but it wasn't bad. You will do great. Can't wait to read about it!
Have a Happy Easter.

Tara L. said...

I say "For the Love" too. How funny. Good Luck on your race, and that is great news about your brother.

Felice Devine said...

Such great news about your brother. I'm really glad that's all it is.

Sorry about the heavy 12. It happens to the best of us!!!

Diana said...

Great news on your brother....I had an infected saliva gland once, to think that it could get that advanced is bizarre!
My hubby is always at the end of my events too, I honestly don't know if I could handle him not being there!

Cheetah Girl said...

I'm sure your brother's results have taken a huge stressload off of you! That's great and I hope for a speedy recovery!
Feel ya on the 'why can I run awesome some days and like doodoo on others'. Annoying? YES.
Have a good Easter weekend!

Sarah said...

That is wonderful to hear your good news about your brother!

kristen said...

Great news about the bro!!

When you figure out how to feel light as a feather on every run...let me know!

Denece said...

Good luck on the up comming race. Great news about your brother.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear about your brother!!

I have always had hubby at the end of races too, that would be weird not too. Not that my races are as long as a marathon but still.

Missy said...

Yeah for bro. I have a friend who gets infections in his regularly, guess they get blocked. He has to drink gobs of water and sour candies help to keep the salivary glands pumping and not get all jacked up.

The race - I think it might be neat to be alone at the end. I think you would see things and people you've never seen before. I'm weird like that, though.

billdowis said...

Good luck at the marathon... dont let this run get you down, it was just a bad day.

It is always good news when cancer is averted. I am sure a weight has been lifted from him.

Rookie on the Run said...

Wow! Great news about your brother!! I bet that is a huge relief to you and the rest of the family.

How exciting that your marathon is so close! You'll do great!

Denise said...

Very happy to hear your brother is ok!!

I find it so frustrating when you can have a great long run one weekend and then the next you're struggling through each mile. Iron out the logistics of race day now, the you can just taper and relax!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

So happy for your brother, that is wonderful news!

Marlene said...

Awesome news about your brother!!!

2 weeks already... so exciting! I'd be a little apprehensive about finishing a race (esp. a marathon) and not having anyone at the finish line. Good luck working out the details.

joyRuN said...

Excellent news about your brother!

My kids have picked up "Oh for pete's sake" from me, but looks like my little one has also unfortunately acquired a very loud & emphatic "JESUS!" to the mix. I'll have to watch myself!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful about your brother! It is odd how different runs can be, like your 20 miler and 12 miler.

RunnerMom said...

I don't say "for the love", but "freaking" flies out of my mouth all the time. I cringe when my 8 year old says it kowing he picked it up from me. (As far as f-words go, I guess it could be worse....)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad you had a tough 12-miler, too! At least I know it's normal and I'm not the only one! Except my GPS was registering ACTUAL slow numbers. :-) I really need some rest.

Aron said...

hey i'd take a great 20 miler over a ekk taper 12 miler :) i'd be the same way, my husband is always at my marathon finishes.

thats great news about your brother!!!

RunnerDude said...

If it's any consolation, every time I have some slow, yucky runs right before a marathon, I usually end up having a great race! I think sometimes, the mind/body thing takes over and keeps you from over doing it...the result? A yucky run...the bigger picture? A great race! Best of luck!

RunnerDude said...

Hey, don't give up the Diet Coke. You gotta have one vice and you could choose things that are a lot worse. LOL! Looks like for now you have to order the Verve! online. Seems like that's the route that the healthy versions are goin. Lance Armstrong is endorsing a healthy eneryg drink called FRS Healthy Energy http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/ You can get a free sample at their website. For Verve, go to www.vervetu.com