Monday, April 20, 2009

T minus 4 days.....

So last week my 3 yr old was super sick. She had the flu. The real thing. Running a fever of over 102 unless she had Tylenol in her, she ached everywhere, so much that she wouldn't even walk. She talked funny and said even funnier things then usual. (she is a crack up) I just let it run it's course, knowing the Doc would just tell me to keep doing what I was doing, so I never took her in. But I am certain it was the Flu. Then when that was all over she decided to have a cough and a runny nose.
Well for a couple of days now, I have been feeling it coming on. (not the flu just a cold) I have been drinking EmergenC and doing the Zicam swabs, drinking alot of water and trying to rest. I decided yesterday was a skip church day but I still wanted to run. It was 55 degrees out, but raining. I didn't care. I loved it. I didn't even take my ipod. I felt pretty good, until I woke up this morning. I have a sore throat, runny nose, achy body and my ears feel funny. OMGosh, are you freaking kidding me???? The marathon is in T minus 4 days. If I remember correctly, this happened to me back in Feb right before I ran that marathon. UGH... what is my problem??? I don't really expect an answer..... But maybe you can all send some healthy vibes my way.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

~~~~~~~~~These are my healthy vibes coming your way! ~~~~~~~~

I hope you get over it quick and are all good to go in 4 days!

Kristi said...

Oh man I am so sorry! I hope you can get feeling better super quick....!

Denise said...

OH NO!! Can you lock yourself up in bed with chicken soup and get all the rest and sleep you possibly can!?!?

Oz Runner said...

rest, rest, rest....that's the best advice I can give you....and I'm sending over some healthy vibes too..

Bethany said...

Good MoJo coming your way...You are not going to be sick for this race, this race is going to rock your world!!!!

Mindy said...

You should've gone to church instead. ;) Just teasin', Janice! Get better before the marathon, I mean it!!!

Kim said...

Healthy Vibes...Healthy Vibes...
Rest
Rest
Rest

Stacey said...

You skipped church the Sunday before the race?? Just kidding! Rest for the next few days and hopefully you will feel better by race day. I always feel like a good run gets all those toxins out, glad you had a good run yesterday. Good luck, I am sending healthy vibes too!

Kandice said...

aww man. im sorry you got sick...that is way sucky luck. Good luck though, I hope things go really well saturday!

The Bensons said...

Janice- I ran the Moab half 5 years ago without a voice. Everytime I swallowed it would close off my breathing because how congested I was. I WAS SICK!!! I decided to load up on IB, vitamin C, lots of water, and breath right strips and do the race anyway. After 5 miles I all of a sudden had a voice again and my congestion in my head was GONE! Unless you are fevering and throwing up everywhere you will do great!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that sucks, hope you get some rest and everyone is feeling 100% again soon.

Aron said...

OH NO!!!! I hope you feel better soon, just gets lots of rest and vitamins!!

Sarah said...

Oh no! I hope this will be a short and quick thing...sending you healthy thoughts!

RunToTheFinish said...

sending you healing thoughts, keep it positive, maybe it will pass!!

Amberly said...

this is about your "for the love post". it was ME!! you got that saying from me! i say that all the time and i posted on of my blog posts that title. yay! i like you. and, GOOD LUCK at your marathon!!! oh my. please be healthy! i will pray for you. :) love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. Keep drinking lots of fluids, flush this thing right out of your system.

Missy said...

Sending all my good juju - I'm NOTORIOUS for getting sick right before races BUT I've often PRd at those crappy times. Adreneline is a magical drug;)

Rookie on the Run said...

OK... sending out the vibes... feeling better now? How 'bout now? Now?

I'll keep sending until you're all better- and it better be quick! :)

Marci said...

This is what happened to me before Shamrock. I hope you are able to recover. Sending healing vibes your way!!

Marlene said...

Definitely sending lots of healthy vibes your way!

Being Robinson said...

Good vibes are being sent! Best of luck, you will be great!!