Thursday, April 16, 2009

Running Blogs....

The topic over at the Running Lounge today is... Running blogs, and how they help us.


Well, I have to first say that I knew starting a running blog would be very helpful in my training. I had just moved her to Ky from Ut and I was trying to dig deep for motivation but couldn't seem to find it. I know that sounds strange because I love to run and I love to run Marathons. The move had changed something in me. I just needed something to help get me out the door.

What I didn't know was that I would get so invested in so many other blogs and the lives of those writers. I love hearing about your training tips & your ideas about nutrition. I have learned so much from you all. I didn't realize that I would get so excited to read your race reports and that I would literally feel your emotion like it was my own when you describe crossing the finish line. So I started my running blog for me, for selfish reasons, you could say. I have come to find out that even though I never knew I had it in me, I can and have and will continue to inspire others to run. Maybe not run a marathon but to start the journey of a running future. I have had a few blogger's tell me they find my blog inspiring. Well, this just shocked me. I know I am not a great writer, and I know that at times I just ramble and don't make sense, but I am learning that with my honesty and my simple little life of running and taking care of my little girls, that somewhere in there I can inspire others.

So thanks to those of you who read my ramblings and an even bigger thanks to those who leave comments (who doesn't like comments) with inspirational words of advice and comfort.
*******************************
You gotta go check out this blog, Tall mom Running is having a give away.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I have to say that you are a great runner and I am ofter envious :) of your speedy times. You are awesome. HAHAH

Jason

Marlene said...

I started my blog for similar reasons and have been similarly blown away by the feedback and support from so many people of were just "strangers". It's a great community we have going on here!

Being Robinson said...

I'm with you on the race reports. Exciting to sign up for your 9th marathon. WOW! That is amazing.

Denise said...

I forgot to mention that in my post about blogs...I can't believe how invested I am in other people either. I think about people on race day, etc.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

yep, started my blog for my own motivation, thinking no one would read it anyway. but the community has been incredible!

Unknown said...

That's so true about how invested you get in other people. I am always excited on weekends when I know blog friends are racing because I can't wait to hear how it went.

RunToTheFinish said...

it amazes me the people that I haven't met...but really care about what's happening for them all because we share the bond of running!

Carly said...

I love reading people's blogs for the very same reasons you mention. I feel like I have made some great connections through blogging.

Missy said...

I think it's crazy that I'll think about people I've never met and probably never will. It's weird. I know I've sat at my computer watching race splits all day looking for blogosphere peeps. Crazy stuff.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the props about my giveaway.. :) At first glance I can tell I will love reading your Blog. The Bloggy running community is wonderful to be a part of..

Felice Devine said...

You are so right about being invested in others. I didn't expect that, either. And yet, that's what happens. I think about "my bloggers" and when someone doesn't post for a while, I wonder what's up!

Aron said...

completely agree, i didnt know how invested i would become in other's life, running, blogs, etc... its an awesome community we have :)

Rookie on the Run said...

Great blog! I know what you mean about other bloggers becoming part of your life. It's funny how often running blogger buddies will unexpectedly pop into my head. I can be running, at the grocery store, driving, etc. and I'll think of something someone wrote.

You are inspiring!

Unknown said...

Ditto on other blogs, Janice. I've been amazed at the virtual bond I feel with several bloggers (as a subscriber, your's is one of the few that I read with each new posting). When I compare the quality of some bloggers with the #($* I see in Runner's World passing for professional writing, I realize someone's missing the boat. You - and others who write "first person" perspective blogs - amaze me. I can't do it (at least not well), but greatly appreciate the sincerity, candor and perspective of my more "transparent" peers.

Keep it up. I - as one of many - really appreciate what you do and miss when you don't post.

Mark

Coach Tief said...

The running community is filled with genuinely kind folks. We are always pleased to read about another person's running success stories. Keep it up!