Thursday, February 3, 2011

$$$... a chunk of change

Wahoo!!!!

I just registered for not one, not two but three marathons.... all for this spring. YIKES

Marathon #1 of 2011 (#14 overall) is March 12Th. Land Between the Lakes trail run.... there is a 14.2 miler, marathon, 37 miler and a 50 miler.... wow... I am just happy to be healthy enough to run the marathon this year. I am hoping to run the 50 next Spring. Let me rephrase that.... I WILL run the 50 Mile Ultra next Spring. My sister runs 2-3 Ultras per year and I am itching to join the elite club. I am just not ready this year. Even though I lost 11 pounds in Jan, I still have a ways to go. Hoping for another 10-15 by March 12Th.

Marathon #2 of 2011 is Salt Lake City Marathon. I ran this one back in April of '07, but this year I am running with 2 of my sisters and so far, I have 2 friends planning on running as well. This will be marathon #1 for my twin sister, and I am doing everything in my power to make it a positive experience.... (can you tell I am trying to turn her into a full marathoner?)Marathon #3 of 2011 will be the Nashville Country Music marathon on April 30Th. I live with in just a couple hours of Nashville and decided this year is the one for me. I think it's big, I think it's going to be loud and I have heard it's going to be hilly and hard. I am OK taking on this challenge. I am all about taking on a new challenge. Hills kill me. I love them, but they kill me. In preparation for Country Music, I will run hill repeats at least once a week.

Registering for all 3 of these marathons was a chunk of change. $$$ I am so lucky my hubby just wants me to be healthy and happy. Actually he is planning on running the 14.2 miler on March 12Th and the half marathon on April 16Th. I couldn't be more excited or more proud. I am turning him into a runner, and I am thrilled to the gils about this.

13 comments:

Kandice said...

And there I was proud of myself for pounding out 1.5 miles on the treadmill today! ;)
What fun things to look forward too! I know you will do great.

Marlene said...

Woohoo, congrats on signing up for THREE marathons! Exciting stuff and YAY that hubs will be doing some running too!!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You are a blessed wife to have the support of your hubbs on such a big level. 3 marathons this spring is no small investment. Registration is the less of the expenses!

Enjoy sharing the marathon experince with your sisters.

Diana said...

Congrats and best of luck with all 3 of the marathons! I'm doing my first one this year like your sister-may both of our experiences be great!

Jen said...

3 - wow. Maybe if I did not jump on the Tri ship... I only have one "planned" this year... Richmond or Philly.

ashley said...

how exciting!! i'm glad my bank account isn't on the receiving end of that!!!

i'm new to your blog.. two comments and one question:

1. loooove that tattooo!!! i've been wanting to get one and never thought of a running themed one.
2. that's funny about the first marathon, where i live we have an area also called land between lakes, made me do a double take.
3. question: i see that you have run flying pig twice. i really want to run that half (don't think i'll be quite marathon ready by then.) do you recommend that race? it looks interesting on the website.

ashley said...

ps. ok NOW i feel stupid.. it is the same land between the lakes LOL, just a different area of it from where my hometown is.

RunToTheFinish said...

love the confidence that you will run the ultra!!

i did the nashville 1/2 a couple times, it was my very first race ever!

Stacey said...

It's a great feeling having more than one race on the calendar isn't it! (: I am planning on SLC...(:
Have a great weekend

ihaverun said...

I am debating the Salt Lake Half. You have a serious racing schedule! So fun to get to run with your sisters!!

Adrienne said...

Nashville Marathon sounds pretty awesome! Way to go signing up for all 3 of these...you are an animal!

Carlee said...

I'm running Nashville too!

Unknown said...

See you at LBL - if you haven't run it, it is a great course!