Thursday, September 3, 2009

my 20 miler 1500 miles away from home.

My sister in law took these pictures at the cemetery. This is me and my oldest daughter.
My husbands Grandma passed away on the 25Th of Aug. We packed up and left for Utah and drove the entire 24 hrs. The kiddos did great, better then my hubby. We spent a week with family and friends and we really enjoyed our time in Utah. Grandma was diagnosed with Cushings disease about 2 months ago and she eventually couldn't fight it any longer. She was only 71. We miss her dearly and our hearts are full with the knowledge that she is in Heaven with her Heavenly Father and her two children that went before her. We love you Grandma...I sure love my man.

Well I was able to get in my 20 miler on Sunday while in Utah. I had severe hip and knee pain most of the run and the last 5 miles were pure HELL. I finished and then ended up in bed or on the toilet for half the day. But... yippee I got it done, for a total of 141 miles in August.

14 comments:

Wendy said...

My 20 miler is in 2 weeks. I'm a little nervous. Great job on getting yours done. I hope your knee/hip pain is gone now.

Marlene said...

Sorry for your loss. :(

Wow, I really can't imagine driving that long... or running a 20-miler so far from home. Good for you!

You look great in the photos.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. :(

Wow..24 hours in the car...I would have never made it. I am worse on car rides than my kids are.

Congrats on getting your 20-miler done.

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear about Grandma. :(

Those pics are really beautiful - they look professional! Very colorful & full of life.

You've really pounded away some miles this month - nice work!!

Ruthie said...

.. sorry about Grandma too :(

I am so impressed you go a 20 miler in with traveling!
My FIRST twenty miler is tomorrow morning... hope I can finish :) thanks for the inspiration!

Felice Devine said...

Sorry for your loss.

Your pics make me want to get some bangs. Yours just look so cute :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother. My thoughts are with your family.

Nice job fitting in the 20 miler. Hope you are feeling better.

The pictures are very sweet. Have a wonderful weekend.

Diana said...

Sucks when "Grandma's" die-sorry for your loss.
Congrats on an awesome run total. I think I might get that number for the entire summer!

Oz Runner said...

sorry about your grandma...driving 24 hours? uck....nice job on the 20 miler.

Kim said...

Good for you Sunshine. Sorry you ended up sick.

Hope that puppy has caught up on his puppy kisses he missed while you were gone.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's Grandma. That's really impressive that you got your 20 miler in, nice job!

Denise said...

Sorry about grandma. :-(

Be careful with your hip. I've been dealing with hip pain for months. It sucks.

RunnerMom said...

Your personality really comes through in that pic at the top. Are you "raising the roof"?

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Is that hip and knee pain normal, because I get it a lot on long runs!

kristen said...

RIP grandma.

I'm glad you got the chance to pull out a 20 miler. What's up with the hip pain?