Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How bad do I Suck?


So this morning the Alarm goes off, I hit snooze once and then jumped out of bed. I was pretty excited to get out and run in the fresh Kentucky air. It has cooled off alot and I was excited to not feel so much hot humidity. I get dressed, throw my cute Boston '08 hat on, and head to the Kitchen. I take my three ibuprofen that I always down right before I run. My GPS is ready to go and so am I. I unlock the door and walk out onto the front porch. The first thing I notice is that is is REALLY chilly, and then I notice it is REALLY dark and then I notice it is REALLY Foggy. You know in the movies that take place in the deep South, and the camera will scan over a farm or empty Field and there is a layer of misty fog? That is what it felt like. Except it DID NOT feel peaceful. To be Honest I was a bit creeped out, and since I Don't have my pepper spray yet, I started to feel all panicky. I have developed this somewhat new thing for me since moving to Kentucky, and it is called Anxiety. I get it over the strangest things, like going to Wal-mart, talking on the phone, going to Church, and I guess running in the misty Fog. So I turned around and went back up to bed for thirty minutes until it was time to get Taylor ready for school. I went to the gym at 8:30 and suffered through another 4 miles on the treadmill and then lifted my legs.

THE END!

5 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Good job on getting up that is the hardest part. I on the other hand hit snooze and went back to bed and didn't run and now I have to babysit Sienna. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Stacey said...

I wouldn't have gone either if it makes you feel any better. I have a handy treadmill in my basement for times exactly like that. Only for me it is snow and darkness! Tomorrow will be better!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

I don't blame you for not running in the mist. I hate when you get those yucky fellings. I just have to ask is that picture of the tatoo your foot? I love it! If I ever ran a marathon I might consider getting a tatoo to document it.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. I would have gone back to bed if I were you too....you know something bad always happens to someone in the fog! ;)At least you still went to the humid ymca!!!!!

Hillary said...

I am completely fascinated with your running. I love this blog. Keep it up. Think about you lots!